How to get the app

Home Forums DIY Sand Table How to get the app

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    june wang
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I have downloaded the app code from Github,but I don’t know how to use them to creat the app can be used in my phone.Can you give me any guidance.
    Thank you very much.

hoopty
    Participant

I would say you have to compile the app first.
    You need Gradle and Android Studio.

Mine keeps saying I am missing 28.0.3 but I have it t installed. That is as far as I have gotten right now.

june wang
    Participant

Thanks for your reply,I have packed and signed the code and got a .apk file.Then I installed it on my phone. It can be opened but it quit unexpectedly when I touched the botton.My phone type is HUAWEI,I don’t know why.

hoopty
    Participant

How did you get it to compile. I could not get it to compile. I installed Androidstudio but I seem to be missing components. Can you help?

hoopty
    Participant

June,
    what version of android studio did you use?

june wang
    Participant

hoopty,
    I used The 4.1.3 verion downloaded from https://developer.android.google.cn/studio/. And you must select “File-Settings-System settings-Andriod Sdk”,and tick off “Andriod 9.0(Pie)”,then you cancompile the code I think.You can have a try.

vworp
    Participant

I’m banging my head against a wall with Android Studio, Gradle wont install correctly.
    Anyone have a compiled apk I could have?

Matt G
    Keymaster

I will post up an apk tomorrow when I can get it compiled. It’s still a very beta version, and I’ve only tested it on my Samsung devices.

Will post a link here when I get it up.

Matt G
    Keymaster

I just pushed a new commit to the repo to update the app code to more recent versions of everything. Also added a way to actually configure the IP address of the robot.

Here is a link to a compiled apk: https://alwaystinkering.com/files/sandbot-debug-v1.apk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.