Need a little help.

Home Forums DIY Sand Table Need a little help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hoopty
    Participant

If someone could 3D print me the upper and lower arms at the 194mm length as in the original files from Rob, I will make you top and bottom plates, and bearing retainers, out of clear plexi from my laser cutter.

Anybody interested?

Frankie
    Participant

I’m game.

I cut the acrylic pieces with a hacksaw and drilled the holes with a drill press, so they’re a little sloppy. The belts are doing most of the work keeping the main shaft straight.
    Some accurately laser cut pieces would be nice.

I have only PLA filament on hand. So both pieces will be printing in that.

hoopty
    Participant

that is fine PLA is good. I have not used my felix printer in ages so it would take a lot to get it going. I made my originals with PHOTON Resin priter. Little did I know it scaled them down to fit in the tray. UGH.

I can cut your stuff any time. let me know.

Frankie
    Participant

I printed the parts over the weekend.
    Printed parts

We should exchange addresses over email.
    My name is Jeff Houghten and my email address is my first name at my last name dot com.

hoopty
    Participant

How long are those center to center Frankie? BTW I have no idea what your last name is. Doh!

Anyway

my email is bill.snyder.bs at the google mail dot com

hoopty
    Participant

Frankie,

I am going to cut them tonight. It will top and bottom as well as the bearing retainers. I will post new pics when they are finished

Finished product.

Frankie
    Participant

I think I misunderstood your request. I thought you wanted them at the original length. Which is about 94mm short of 194mm. Even Matt’s is 184.5mm.
    Do you have an .STL of the arms at 194mm in length?

hoopty
    Participant

well I see it like this. I thought the originals were 194, which I thought were Matt’s. I guess 184.5 would have been what I wanted.

Since you did the job at what you thought I wanted, I will still send you the parts. I think it was mighty decent of you to try and help me out. I really thought they were 194 original and 394 for Matt. Not really sure where I got those numbers.

Anyway send me your info in email and I will send the parts to you.

here is what they look like

finished product

Frankie
    Participant

I can print them at 184.5mm no problem. I just don’t have them at the 194mm length. I’ll run them tomorrow am. It’s just a bit of filament and a bit of time.

hoopty
    Participant

you are awesome.

Thanks

hoopty
    Participant

Frankie,

Hold tight, I thought I had the plexi but had to order it. It should be here Monday. I will let you know.

hoopty
    Participant

Nope 2morrow.

Frankie
    Participant

No worries.
    Did you get my email? I can send these arms out to you.

hoopty
    Participant

Got them finished Frankie. Going out probably 22morrow

For frankie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.