Which optical end stop switches

Home Forums DIY Sand Table Which optical end stop switches

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    klwill1192
    Participant

I’m gathering the parts to build this table, and I’m hoping somebody can point me to the correct optical end stop switches. I haven’t been able to find any that look like the pictures.

Thank you.

Kevin

HendrikV22
    Participant

Good evening klwill1192,

I Used almost the same optical sensors I bought from Banggood:
    Optical Endstop Limit Switch Sensor with 1M 3Pin Cable for 3D Printer

Please note that the signals of these ones are inverted… so you have to change the homing string in the motor configuration. MattG helped me to rectify this problem and it is on this form explained in detal. Please have a look.

Kind Regards

Matt G
    Keymaster

Hey Kevin

The exact end stops I used are these

klwill1192
    Participant

Thanks. I found those shortly after I asked the question, but nobody has them in stock now. I bought a couple different similar optical switches with the intention of modifying the mounts to fit. Then I found these that look to be a match. It will take a few weeks to get them, but I’m not in a real hurry.

Gee
    Participant

Hi,

I have found some that look similar and are available,
    but I don’t know if they work. Does anyone know them?

best regards

Gee
    Participant

Hi,

I have found some that look similar and are available,
    but I don’t know if they work. Does anyone know them?

hiletgo LM393 H2010

best regards

klwill1192
    Participant

I ordered these but haven’t had a chance to test them yet. They’ll take a bit of modification to the mounts to make them work. Since I’m not ready to test them at the moment, I’m probably going to wait for the others that appear to be an exact match to arrive from China rather than work on modifying the mounts.

Kevin

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by klwill1192.
    Gee
    Participant

Where did you ordered them in china?

Gee

klwill1192
    Participant

I ordered them from Amazon on July 30. They’re shipping from China. Based on the current tracking information, I expect to receive them by the end of next week.

I’m not in a big hurry at this point. I’m still waiting to receive the laser-cut parts (end of this week), and I haven’t started soldering the PCB yet. My plan is to get the electronic and mechanical stuff working, then figure out how and where to build the table. I sold most of my woodworking tools when I downsized from a house to a condo prior to a 3-year stint in the Philippines. At this point I’m thinking of renting time in a local maker space.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.